Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Madness

He Said What?-- Bill Maher recently said on his show that in Cali the rich are definitely paying their fair share and that the state may "lose" him if taxes go up any more. I hate it when someone I loath says something I agree with.

To Embalm Or Not To Embalm, That's The Question-- Apparently the decision has been made to not permanently display the Hugo. The Russians said that it would take over six months to do properly. My question is why the body can't be embalmed in Venezuela? Anyway I'm bummed. I was so hoping to see that SOB on my next visit to Caracas. What's the penalty there for defacing a monument--probably death!

The History Channel-- Although I have become somewhat disappointed in THC (how much Swamp People can one person watch) kudos to the network for taking on The Bible as a project. Their mini-doc is pretty good. The Vikings also premiered recently as a kind of dramatic series (ie. Game of Thrones) and is interesting, though I'm not so sure about its historical accuracy.

Obamacare: A Work In Progress?-- Apparently a few Dems have some problems with the Prez's signature piece of legislation. Various changes are being discussed in Congress. If they would have just read it before voting for it. http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/plan-b-obamacare_707681.html?nopager=1

JFK-- I re-read Kennedy's inaugural address this past weekend. If you have not read it, you should. It would be nice if both sides of the aisle thought as Kennedy did over 50 years ago.

I Don't Get It-- I pay a buck fifty for a 16 oz coffee at 7-11 every morning. I can put any number and combination of creamers in it I want. The coffee is good and can be mode to taste a lot like Starbucks, but its two-fifty cheaper. That's ten bucks a week or about 500 dollars in a year. With $500 I could buy a nice compact .380 or 9 mm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment