Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Hump Day

Flipboard is Cool-- I downloaded Flipboard for iPad the other day and it's cool. It presents all kinds of information in a visually pleasing way. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it but considering it's free I recommend it to all iPad junkies.

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words-- Or in this case maybe a couple million words. This photo is of the expanded Affordable Healthcare Act. Wish my district would give me a photocopy allotment that big.

Ashley Judd-- I realize it's sexist, but Ashley Judd would be the cutest member of the Senate.

New Pope-- Although I'm not Catholic and always feel a bit awkward in a Catholic Church, I find the whole Pope selection tradition very interesting. It is a reverent occasion encased by history and tradition. While some might scoff at such sentimental notions many take comfort in them like an old but warm blanket. I hope the cardinals select someone who will uphold their faith while embracing societal changes.

Uranus-- The butt of so many jokes (pun intended), the planet Uranus was discovered on this day in 1781 by William Herschel. With that piece of trivia I will close with a joke:

Hey! Did you know Uranus has a hole in it?

Really? What's it called?
Urectum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment